Studies in Amanita:
Note: Readers are encouraged to supply us with information about laboratories,
individual projects, and research publications to which links would be valuable.
Background tile depicts Amanita basiana.
Molecular phylogeny of eastern Asian species of Amanita (Agaricales, Basidiomycota): Taxonomic and biogeographic implications. L.- F. Zhang. J.-B. Yang, and Z.-L. Yang. 2004. Fungal Diversity 17: 219-238. [PDF, 262 Kb] [ view ]
- Amanita Genome Project - H. E. Hallen & J. Walton. The project's goal is a thorough study of the genome of Amanita bisporigera. http://www.msu.edu/user/hallenhe/amanita.htm
- Gene family encoding the toxins of lethal Amanita mushrooms. - H. E. Hallen, H. Luo, J. S. Scott-Craig, J. D. Walton. 2007. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104: 19097-19101. [ Abstract ]
- Primer Note: Using the incomplete genome of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Amanita bisporigera to identify molecular polymorphisms in the related Amanita phalloides. - R. I. Adams, H. E. Hallen, A. Pringle. 2006. Molec. Ecol. Notes 6: 218-220 [ PDF ]
- Duke Mycolab - Agaric Phylogeny project
- Hibbet Lab, Clark University - home page
- Molecular Phylogenetic Studies in the Genus Amanita - M. Weiss et al. At the following site, select "contents" and, then, "volume 76, number 7, July 1998" [ view ]
- Pringle Laboratory (Harvard)
- Amanita phalloides Population Studies - A. Pringle. The project's goal is a study of a number of populations in North America and Europe of Amanita phalloides. Dr. Anne Pringle may be contacted by email
- Taylor Laboratory - Molecular Microbial Ecology Lab - Institute of Arctic Biology, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Beringian origins and cryptic speciation events in the Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria). J. Geml et al. 2006. Molecular Ecol. 15: 225-239
[ pdf ].
Evidence for strong inter- and intracontinental phylogeographic structure in Amanita muscaria, a wind-dispersed ectomycorrhizal basidiomycete.. J. Geml et al. 2008. Molec. Phylog. Evol. 48: 694-701 [ pdf ]
Last change to this page 6 August 2008.
This page is maintained by R. E. Tulloss.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008 by Rodham E. Tulloss.